Monday, August 15, 2011

His Princess - Letters From Your King; A Letter to Myself.

My all time favorite devotional is one called "His Princess, Letters from Your King". It is a book of letters written to someone, from the perspective of God to His Daughter, His Princess.  I have been having a hard time as of late, on ALL fronts, and for whatever reason - crazy as it might seem, I just decided to write myself a letter, and this is what came out. Sometimes, God shows up in crazy ways.  Hey (God), thanks for that.

...

Dear Sara,
You are having a hard time right now, I know. It's going to be ok. Remember what you wrote at the beginning of June, in that blog you write? No, well let me remind you:

"We are facing times that might not be easy, that might be hard for us to face, and that might at times seem unbearable. Through it all it might seem ugly and to some like complete devastation.  But what I try to remember every day is not the green fields or the summer sunsets of yesterday, but the new growth that will bust its way through the dirt completely unexpected, beautiful and completely nourished. Then, before you know it life and growth will be so abundant that people will not even remember the fire that almost consumed them. "

Do not let yourself be consumed by the fire - hang in there. In the thick of the dust, of the ash, of every moment that seems like weight of the world my crumble down upon you, hold on. Hold on to Me. I am fighting for you. I am here with you. Always.... Every. Single. Second. 

Take down your wall. I know it is hard to hurt, to be fragile. But I have made you complete and whole, lacking nothing. You might think you are broken, incapable, and alone - but you are not. I am with you, to the very end of the age.  Move forward, break your walls down, do what you find impossible- it's possible. You are strong, you are courageous, you are Mine.

There are going to be hard days head, there are going to be moments of celebration, of pain, of emmence joy - you can make it through. Sara, with Me - you can conquer this fire. You will break through the ash, and I know with full certainty that something magnificant will come of it. Just wait. Be still, and know that I am fighting for you, with you, right beside you.

Love,
Your Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment