Saturday, June 4, 2011

One Down...6 To Go.

Man, who is a serious slacker? Yep that would be me. Life has been crazy. In the words of my favorite blogger, PW, "blog often, or you will never blog". This is so true. There is a list of things I have been wanting to write about:

7th Grade
Studio Movie Grill
The Cooking Project
Crappy Online Dating
Orange
New Working Sitty
Friendship


...but sitting down to write about any of them, well there just has not been time.

Maybe I will write 7 posts right now. I have energy. I had a Dr. Pepper, and well a re-fill - 90 days of awesome will power, gone.  It's ok, I still feel like I have broken my 'drink anything but water' habits. Ok moving on.

This post will be about... Crappy Online Dating. (Chosen as I closed my eyes and moved my finger up and down, up and down, up and down, stopped and landed there) ...very scientific.

---

Who can even remember when the sails caught the wind on my online dating adventure, but let me tell you the engine is fading. It is a LOT of work; sorting through matches, reading profiles, answering questions, and sending responses/receiving little to no responses. I mean I truly would love to meet someone online - but it is really hard. I know I can be real with you, I mean why not, right?

Rejection. Yep. That is the sitty I am facing. At least when I was not dating, or meeting any single men, I was not facing rejection. It is kind of a blow to a girls ego.  There was one guy, and he was a winner - I mean the guy I have probably liked the most since starting this saga - well let me tell you, things were going great, emails had been sent, whit and banter, flirting and fun were being passed over the tips of our fingers - and then one day... nothing. No email back, no match closed, just stinkin' nothing. Suckfest. And I am not going to turn in to some neurotic stalker and send email after email saying "Winner? What happened? Do you not want to marry me!?" Ha. No, it is what it is and I am smart enough to recognize "he is just not that..." you know the drill. But here I am, over a month later, still wondering.

Crap.

Then, ok so I go on a date this past week. Great guy, seriously. Funny, established, sweet.....
Romantic chemistry.?

None. Nada. Zipola.

Crap.

6 new matches today, 12 yesterday, 3 the day before... same story over and over. Out of those there are probably 6-8 that I would like to get to know more... so I "send a smile" or a short little email, and what happens. Nothing. No response.

Crap (yep. bitter party of, well... me)

I am also realizing how much 'looks' play into first impressions. I am not as shallow as some and I have definitely been guilty of this once or twice, but truly I would never just pass someone by completely determined on how they look. As my profile reads 'full figured' I get 'archived' almost immediately. I hate to even type this, but it is the reality of what I am facing. Am I going to have to become someone else to find 'the one'? Maybe. Is this also a blow to myself, my ego, my heart, my pride - yes. I could cry, and that is ok, but I won't sit here an pretend that being overweight has not aided in my lack of dates, and even though I could change this about myself, does it make it any less unfair? No.

Crap. (Crash diet?) No, but it has crossed my mind. ha.

I know, I just complained maybe more than I should have- but this is where I vent my feelings - and I hope that is ok.

Any who, I am not throwing in the towel just yet, I just wanted to give you my current status for this interesting adventure.

.... well, one down six to go.

Oh and BT-dubbs please follow this link and vote for Miss NM. Thanks.
http://www.missuniverse.com/missusa/members/profile/585169/year:2011/

1 comment:

  1. I ALSO LOVE the Pioneer Woman...just like you. I make her cinnamon rolls at Christmas for friends! We will have to start reading each other's blogs..that is, if I can ever make myself BLOG! lol

    ReplyDelete