Thursday, March 24, 2011

Match.com, the Beebs, & 400 Stalkers!

Well, since I only posted once in two weeks I think I may just have to post again! Yay! 

I wanted to tell you about three really important things:

1. A Match.com update... oh yeah buddie
2. I am so cool that I have stalkers
3. And how my Justin Bieber shirt... well haha it just speaks for itself. 

I think I will start with number two up there on my mighty fine list. Well as most of you know I am a youth director, it is a BOMB.COM kinda job. I get to hang out with students, talk about Jesus, and plan really awesome events, like the one we are having tomorrow night - a Gnome Scavenger Hunt - wahoo! Anyway part of my awesome job is spending time with students and one way to do that is going to their schools for the lunch hour! Talk about intimidating! 500 students giving you the stare... well and we all know that I look like a middle schooler - as a student asked me on my first day of work, "Hi, my name is Clay...What grade are you in?" Muahahha. So anyways, the way that I get past all the awkward stares is through a little method I like to call the "Candy in the purse method". Eric and I load up as many Blow Pops, Skittles, and Starbursts as we can into hipster purse and we head to the courtyard where the students flood out after their 'delish' lunch. This is where I tell you about my stalkers. I have like 400 hundred of them. You see, the students, well they have caught on to the purse, they recognize the purse, they LOOOOVE the purse. And because of all these fabulous factors every time we show up, I get swarmed, swarmed by a bunch of candy craving, gutsy, will do anything for ONE SINGLE PIECE of CANDY students. And this continues, they continue to stalk me until the glorious sound of that lunch bell rings... dismissing them back to class. I love it! I love my sugar high stalkers!

Now, number three on the list. The Bieber, BIEEEEBER FEEEVA! So, because like I mentioned above we were headed to a school lunch today I decided to wear my awesome Justin Bieber shirt! I got it when I had the privilege of taking a few students to a concert of his here in Houston. Anyway I never knew my shirt would get me SO much attention. Everywhere I went today someone mentioned the shirt. The students at lunch thought it was 'like totally awesome, OMG, I love Justin Bieber, he is such a hotty' awesome. At my office one of my fave pastors 'Crunchy Shirt' just could not believe that I would wear such a shirt - I explained to him about a little facade (my liking of the Beebs for the students sake) and he then approved going on his way. But the place that the shirt earned the most attention from was, Memorial City Mall. Never in my life have more people stared at me, checked me (cough) my shirt out, or asked me about my clothing. At Forever 21 the girl at the register said, "Woah! You totally have my boyfriend on your shirt!!!" Every time I passed a dude, they kinda squawked and gave me funny look, but the best was the last person I saw on my way out of the mall. She must have been 8 years old, cute as a button and totally obsessed with the Beeebs. It only took the loudest squeal and the words "AHHH OHHHH its JUSTIN BIEBER! MOM, JUSTIN BIEBER on her shirt"... followed by insane amounts of happy giggles! Love. My. LIFE!

Now, the one you read (you better have) through all that to get too, number ONE: Match.com. Well I have my first date on Saturday. Its going to be at Lupe Tortilla. Don't show up and try to get the skinny before I post about it later, and yes, I will post how it went...BUT LATER. Out of all the guys I have talked to or entertained the idea of dating, he has certainly earned his spot for a date. He definitely loves Jesus, has a solid head on his shoulders, and seems like a stand up citizen. He even phoned me to formally (just like southern gentlemen) to ask me for the lunch.  BUT he doesn't two-step or have any interest in trying, however it is only because he says it would only be "like watching Elaine from Seinfeld!" - Direct quote. I am excited. I am nervous. I have not been on a date since I was 5... well maybe a little sooner than that, but it sure feels like 20 years. Pray for me. Pray for him...

So that's it. Much love to you all. This weekend I am making a 14 layer cake, a few pies, and who knows what else... All to benefit a bake sale for an awesome cause...

Its 9:39PM and I might go to bed. 

Don't let the bed bugs bite, 
-S

2 comments:

  1. SARA how did this date not come up at lunch yesterday?? Seriously sista. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss sara kinsey :-) I love you. I'm praying for you and your date! Only the best for you! Even if that means you have to wait for the beebs to turn 18... lol.
    All the love that I have,
    Erin W

    ReplyDelete