Wednesday, March 9, 2011

People on the Prowl: Match.com

Comfortable Flower? Cowboy Take Me2049?  and last but not least, Able Action1693?

Well, no I am not starting a garden in my backyard. Nor am I a Dixie Chick.  I am most certainly not a piece of Able Action, but somehow after hours of fine tuning, many questions later, and a name generator...meet Two Step To My Heart, aka me. 

That's right, welcome to a preview of the coming attraction, "Sara joins Match.com", featuring Twosteptomyheart.  See how this well thought-out drama(free) love story about a girl who just wants to dance "cheek to cheek" until the "sun comes up" with a boy in boots and a heart for Jesus plays out in the big city of Houston TX.  Roger Ebert would give this riveting tale two thumbs up, that is, if he knew how hard dating online actually was!  

So, I joined Match.com. It took some convincing from my sweet roommate, but alas here we are. I think it might be a good option. I am about a month in and frankly have been dying to blog about it. BUT in doing so, that meant that the WHOLE world (because we all know the WHOLE world reads my blog, ha) would know that I was trying online dating. And not that there is a strange, weird stigma attached to online dating... oh wait, there just might be, but airing my dating life, or lack thereof really, just seemed to put this on a whole new personal level. But hey, why not?!

I have filled out the zillion questions, wrote about my likes, dislikes, my preferences for the dude of my dreams, and a month later here is the sitty: 

Ten things I have learned...
  1. Christian men on Match? Well it's TBA.
  2. If someone is interested in you and you do not respond, shouldn't that be a sign?
  3. I met ONE guy that I thought might be promising, buuuut no. 
  4. I had Whitney re-write my profile from her perspective. Oprah Online said, "Since your friends know you best, have them try writing your online profile". So she wrote, I approved, added some of my own banter... and well, no big changes. 
  5. Yeah, I did do some research from Oprah on "How Best To Go About Online Dating; Tips of the Trade" BAHAHHAH 
  6. I never thought of myself as superficial, but it is something that I am having to work through... I'm trying to read a person's profile before I gaze at their 35 uploaded pictures. Oh, and guys, here is a TIP: seriously... you are looking for a lady, don't have one in your photograph, kind of sends the wrong message.
  7. Apparently people think it is ok to ask for your number, or give you theirs, even if you have only sent a "wink"... I think not.
  8. My Tagline reads: "Cowboy Wanted!" Is that too specific? Probably...But seriously, two-steppin is a must in my book, or at least they must have a desire to try. Anyway, I think it is probably better than the last person in my "Today's 5 top Matches" category; his was "Pick Me! Pick Me!" 
  9. So, I am thinking maybe eHarmony might have been a better choice - my friend Amy told me they ask a lot more questions, therefore being able to wean out people who are not right for you... Because frankly, Match.com just has not quite got this down...(down to that exact science you know... haha).
  10. Lastly, this experience thus far has been pretty entertaining. It is fun to see and read about what people around me are looking for, who they are, and my favorite, the things people sometimes include in their profiles... I do not need to read an essay on how you "hate the drama from yo ex baby mama" or how online dating is your "last resort to finding love"...
We will see where this adventure takes me, I figure in the past year I have met, face to face, about three single men, so we are already making more progress then that. And if nothing else, there will always be good AND entertaining material to blog about!
Signed, "Check Yes or No",
-S

Ps. Stay tuned for more riveting tales from the front lines of online dating. You think People Of Walmart is intriguing, wait until you see my version of People on the Prowl: Match.com.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Rolling with laughter right now! Love you bunches Babushka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! SO glad you took the plunge, but I'm mad you didn't tell me sooner! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you! Get it girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yee Haw!! Well, maybe you need business cards with your profile address on them to hand out at the rodeo- there are tons of two-steppin cowboys there! ahahaha

    ReplyDelete