Thursday, March 31, 2011

Match.com(s) Made in Heaven!

Well folks, here we are, Thursday afternoon and the sun is shining. So I have to know, where the heck did March go? Can you believe that tomorrow is April 1st? No! Me either. However, even though it feels like I slept one night and then woke up to a new month, I am super excited about April's cooking challenge! Bread! BREAD. B+R+E+A+D = BIG TIME YUM (in my tum) mmmm.... My roommates hate it when I rhyme - cause I do it all the time. 


Enough. 


Well I made it through March cooking NONE, repeat NONE of the things on my cooking challenge, but the good news is that I did try new sweet dessert recipes, see below:


Cream Puffs
Key Lime Pie
Coconut Cream Pie
14 layer cake <-- But I did it in 5 mini sized versions. 
Caramel Banana Cream Pie <---BUT SOMEONE STOLE IT!!!! Out of one of the fridges at my office. Lame.




The Cream Puffs were awesome and probably the crowd fave...as were they mine. However, the little mini-many layer cakes were so cute, especially when  you cut into them!

**These photos are crap. I need to start using my Nikon for food photos. Gross! Just plain stinkin' gross.**

OK - on to the Month O' Bread! Here are the recipes I want to try:
  1. Challah 
  2. Pastor Ryan's Dutch Oven Bread
  3. Homemade Pastry - like croissants or scones.
  4. THE BIG CHALLENGE - Sourdough Bread/Bagels 
    • Note that I also have to make a starter 
      • There will be a post devoted to this, I can feel it. And I already have a photo.
In other news this month I celebrated Christmas! Want to see what I got?


That is correct! A 9.5 Quart Le Creuset Dutch Oven. My life is complete. Goodbye. 


No. But seriously, GET EXCITED. I was, I almost peed my pants. Thank you Auntie Becca. She loves me. She spoils me. I love her. I love Dutchie (who by the way has taking a liking to Kitchy there...they're a match made in heaven). 

Speaking of MATCH.com(s) made in heaven - My date. He was definitely nice and a gentlemen. We spent 3 hours at Lupe Tortilla before I even glanced at the time. That has got to say something, right? When it was all said and done he said, "Well I will call you so we can plan part two of our date!"  It is Thursday. No word. No vote. I guess he is off the island. Seriously - not even a courtesy call? My ego is slightly bruised, but I guess I really have not been just sitting by the phone, with butterflies in my tummy, waiting for his call either. And, well what I can I say? He didn't even like two-stepin'. 

Well from the wise words of my bestie, "Make it a Theological Thursday!" 

Bahha. 

-S

3 comments:

  1. I made pumpkin scones for the first time this winter! I have to say, scones were easier than I expected! Can't wait to read all about your bread making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete